Los Angeles, CA
ENSEMBLE / PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
, Los Angeles, CA -Present
Vermouth is a "psycho cocktail" pop band led by songwriting duo Justine Kragen & Steve McDonald. Live performances include a 6-8 person ensemble featuring vocals, guitars, upright bass, trombone, trumpet, vibraphone and drums.
- performs at LA clubs including The Bootleg Bar, Bordello, El Cid, The Mint, & Taix Lounge
- released debut album, RetroFuture Pop Exotica, in 2013
, Los Angeles, CA 08/05-Present
Nevenka is a women's folk chorus performing songs from Eastern Europe.
Petra Haden & the Sellouts
- Toured in Bulgaria in August 2010.
- Performed at The Getty Center w/ Tzvetanka Varimezova, & Ivan Varimezov, -10/16/2010
, Los Angeles CA (2005-2006)
A 10-woman a cappella group that performed the entirety of "The Who Sellout."
Gamelan Silih Ganti,
- the Henry Fonda Theatre for the LA Weekly Music Awards [article] -06/14/05
- the Ford Amphitheatre [article] [video] -07/01/05
- the Fillmore (SF) & Henry Fonda Theatre -09/11-15/2005 (opened for The Decembrists)
- the Pantages, LA, CA (opened for the Foo Fighters) -08/29/06
- The Troubadour, LA, CA -05/25/06
- the Getty Center, LA, CA -11/10/06
- The Warhol Museum (Pittsburg), Boston Museum of Fine Arts, World Cafe Live (Philadelphia) [review], Tonic (NY), & Soundlab (Buffalo, NY) during an East Coast tour -Oct, 2006
Los Angeles, CA 07/05-2008
Played in the Balinese gamelan quartet from the Angklung Kebyar tradition
Gamelan Burat Wangi
, Valencia, CA 10/04-2008
A Gamelan Gong Kebyar ensemble directed by
I Nyoman Wenten
Santa Cruz Chorale
- performed at Disney Hall [video] [audio] -03/22/06
- performed at Grand Performances, Downtown LA [video] -09/15/07
- performed at the Indonesian Consulate in Los Angeles
- performed at CalArts and RedCat
- performed at The Getty Center
, Santa Cruz, CA 11/03-06/04
Gamelan Anak Swarasanti
- Sang (first soprano) under the direction of Eduardo Mendelievich.
- performed "La Koro Sutro" in Lou Harrison's "American Gamelan" percussion ensemble, conducted by Paul Vorwerk
, Santa Cruz, CA 1997-2004 (Founding Member)
- Studied Balinese Angklung during a 5-week trip to Indonesia in 1997 with a few other founding members. Brought back new repertoire and a couple of large gongs.
- Performed traditional and experimental Balinese Anklung and Belaganjur music at outdoor festivals and SF Bay Area Electronic Music Raves.
, University of California, Santa Cruz (1993-1998)
Played panpipes, guitar, charango, bombo, cajon and various idiophones in a 14-person Latin American ensemble specializing in traditional folk music genres. Sang in Spanish and Quechua
- performed backing vocals for As Tall as Lions on Jimmy Kimmel live -07/18/07
- performed backing vocals for Mamak Khadem at LACMA -11/24/09
- performed lead vocals for Black Sea Surf at the SF Int'l Arts Festival -05/23/10
- performed backing vocals for California Lions at The Prospector (Long Beach, CA), Room 5 (LA, CA), Molly Malone's (LA, CA), the Old Town Pub (Pasadena), The Phantom Gallery (Long Beach, CA), and The Puka Bar (Long Beach, CA) -2011
- performed backing vocals for Eliza Jane Schenieder at Topanga Days Main Stage -05/25/09
- performed backing vocals for Elena Degl'Innocenti, the "LA Music Awards", The Roxy -06/10
- performed backing vocals for Amilia Spicer at Topanga Days Main Stage -05/28/12
- performed solo songs in Inara George's summer fundraising tribute concerts to Woody Guthrie(2007), Bessie Smith(2008), David Bowie(2009), Dolly Parton(2010), & Burt Bacharach(2011) at The Theatricum Botanicum, Topanga, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts in Music- University of California, Santa Cruz- 06/96
(Emphasis on Classical Guitar)
- Also studied Orchestration, Composition, Electronic Music, Voice, Latin American Music, & Balinese Gamelan.